By having your roof inspected regularly and making small repairs can prevent costly repairs down the road. The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) recommends you have a professional roof inspection at least twice a year, once in the spring and fall.
- Places where the roof deck is sagging
- Signs of water damage or leaking
- Dark stains-If you find dark spots, see if they are still wet or are old. Push a sharp screwdriver into the wood. If it is soft, it is a sign of rot. If the wood is stained but still dry and firm, it may be an old leak that has been repaired.
- Outside light showing through the roof
- Visually inspect your roof for cracked, torn, curling, bald or missing shingles.
- Loose material or wear around chimneys, vents, pipes or other penetrations.
- Excessive amounts of shingle granules in the gutters. The granules resemble large grains of sand. This may be a sign of advanced wear.
- Signs of moisture, rot, or mold. Wet spots may not be directly under your faulty shingle; water can travel down to its lowest point before it drips.
- Gutters and downspouts should be securely attached and free of debris. We recommend having your gutters cleaned at least twice a year, once in the spring and fall.
If you find problems, it doesn’t necessarily mean you need to replace your entire roof. Many repairs can be made before a complete replacement is necessary.
Call 443-802-2180 or email us to schedule your next roof evaluation. Streamline Exteriors is proud to be an independently owned & operated family business. Our services include residential and commercial roofing, siding, and gutter installation, repair, and maintenance. We proudly serve the Annapolis, Baltimore and DC areas.